Heff and Forrest analyze recent cybersecurity news, including how to delete recordings from Siri, Alexa, and Google Home, morse code phishing attacks, and updates on the SolarWinds attack.
Hosted by Matthew Heffelfinger (Director of SIEM Operations, GSTRT, CyRP (Pepperdine), GRCP, SSAP, ITIL4-F, GISF, PECB) and Forrest Barth (SOC Analyst, CISSP, CMNO, Security+).
Protect your privacy with IoT devices
- Voice-activated devices like Alexa and Google Home record your searches
- Data is extracted from recordings, but not tied to your account
- Make sure to review your data in your accounts
Hacker changed water chemicals at Florida plant
- Industrial control systems (ICS) often outdated and vulnerable
- Two intrusions; employee did not report right away
- Sodium Hydroxide changed from 100 PPM to 11,100 PPM
- Security awareness trainings are important
- One-way diodes can help
SolarWinds cyberattack update
- SolarWinds CEO blames Microsoft products for breach
- Microsoft issued a statement refuting that claim